2019-20 Studio Policies
Thank you for choosing Soulfege Music Studio and entrusting us with your child’s unique talents! To provide regular, quality lessons we ask that the following policies are observed. It is our commitment to provide your child with the highest quality education experience that we can imagine. We are excited to be a part of your child’s musical journey!
· We operate on a flat monthly rate that reserves your weekly time slot and studio membership. Tuition remains the same regardless of the number of lessons in the month and is due on the 1st of every month. Holidays and studio breaks have been accounted for and are already factored into the tuition costs.
· Lessons are year-round and continue throughout the summer from June-August. Summer scheduling is flexible in order to accommodate vacation and travel schedules of students and instructors. For extended travel absences in the summer, students may take up to four weeks off tuition-free.
· There is a $50 annual registrationfee per student due each year on September 1st. This fee includes participation in two recitals and administrative costs.
· In accordance with inflation, tuition rates may increase every September.
Tuition Rates for 2019-2020 - please contact us for our current promotions for new students
· Payments are due on the first of every month via secure automatic bank draft or via debit/credit card. An email will be sent out with detailed instructions on how to set up auto payment.
· If a payment processing problem is not resolved in 7 days of the due date, a $20 late fee will automatically be assessed.
· Payments are non-refundable.
Missed Lessons & Make Ups
· Each student will be allowed a maximum of 4 canceled/rescheduledlessons during the school year. Cancellation notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance in order to qualify for a make-up lesson. Your teacher will do their best to reschedule a missed lesson at a mutually convenient time or by adding on time to the weekly lesson. Scheduled make-up lessons will not be rescheduled for any reason.
· In case of severe winter weather, lessons will be held or cancelled at the discretion of the teacher. If the teacher feels unsafe or roads are unfit for travel, the teacher reserves the right to cancel lessons. Any cancelled lessons due to inclement weather will be made up via the below alternative options only.
· Alternatives for Make Up lessons
o Skype/FaceTime Lesson: This can be a great solution for mild illness, transportation and weather issues. Video lessons can take place during your regularly scheduled lesson time.
o Pre-Recorded Lesson: Students may submit video recordings of their assigned repertoire before their scheduled lesson time. Videos may be sent to the instructor directly. The assigned lesson time will be used to provide written and/or video feedback as well as follow-up assignments.
· Lessons cancelled by the instructor will be rescheduled.
Studio Holidays & Breaks for 2019-2020
No lessons will be scheduled on the following dates unless as a makeup and are subject to teacher availability.
· Labor Day (September 2nd)
· Thanksgiving (November 28th& 29th)
· Winter Break (December 23rd– January 5th)
· Spring Break (April 6th-April 12th)
· Memorial Day (May 25th)
· Fourth of July
*You may request a makeup for any holiday(s) not listed above, that you wish to observe.
Soulfege Music Studio provides students with opportunities to perform in formal recitals twice a year. Recitals are a terrific way for students to stay motivated, build confidence, master performance anxiety and show off their hard work. Teachers work with their students to choose repertoire and even help compose original pieces!
As part of developing a strong community of music-makers, we ask for your permission to display occasional photos and/or videos of you or your child’s musical successes on the Studio Facebook Page, Instagram, and marketing materials. Examples include performing a piece, or showing off a recent accomplishment. Students are identified only by first name. You can opt out at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com