- Payments are due on the first of every month via secure automatic bank draft or via debit/credit card. An email will be sent out with detailed instructions on how to set up auto payment.
- If a payment processing problem is not resolved in 7 days of the due date, a $20 late fee will automatically be assessed.
- Payments are non-refundable.
Missed Lessons & Make Ups
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance to receive a make up lesson. You may reschedule and receive a make-up credit a maximum of 4 times during the school year. Further cancellations beyond the four permitted will be considered forfeit (except in case of illness or emergency). Your teacher will do their best to reschedule a missed lesson at a mutually convenient time or by adding on time to the weekly lesson. Scheduled make-up lessons will not be rescheduled for any reason. If a make-up lesson cannot be scheduled, teachers may offer to make up the time via the alternate options listed below.
- In case of severe winter weather, lessons will be held or cancelled at the discretion of the teacher. If the teacher feels unsafe or roads are unfit for travel, the teacher reserves the right to cancel lessons. Any cancelled lessons due to inclement weather will be made up via the below alternative options only.
- Skype/FaceTime Lesson: This can be a great solution for mild illness, transportation and weather issues. Video lessons can take place during your regularly scheduled lesson time.
- Pre-Recorded Lesson: Students may submit video recordings of their assigned repertoire before their scheduled lesson time. Videos may be sent to the instructor directly. The assigned lesson time will be used to provide written and/or video feedback as well as follow-up assignments.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will be rescheduled. When possible, a substitute teacher will be arranged if the regularly scheduled teacher is unable to schedule a make-up or in the event of an extended teacher absence. A tuition adjustment may be requested for any teacher absences that have not been made up by the end of the year.
Studio Calendar & Holidays for 2020-2021
The 12-month calendar year is split into two semesters and the summer:
Semester 1: September 1st 2020 – January 31st 2021
Semester 2: February 1st 2021 – June 15th 2021
Summer: June 16th2021 – August 31st 2021
*Student evaluations are sent out twice a year at the end of each semester
The following holidays are already accounted for in the yearly tuition so they do not need to be credited or made up. Apart from make-up lessons, no lessons will be scheduled on these dates:
- Labor Day (September 5th, 6th& 7th 2020)
- Thanksgiving Break (November 24th, 25th, 26th& 27th 2020)
- Winter Break (December 21st 2020 – January 3rd2021)
- Spring Break (March 29th2021-April 4th2021)
- Memorial Day Break (May 31st 2021)
- Fourth of July Break (June 29th 2021 – July 4th2021)
- End of Summer Break/Labor Day (August 31st-September 6th 2021)
* You may request a makeup for any holiday(s) not listed above, that you wish to observe.
* Reminders will be sent out as we approach these studio closures throughout the year.
Soulfege Music Studio provides students with opportunities to perform in recitals twice a year. Recitals are a terrific way for students to stay motivated, build confidence, master performance anxiety and show off their hard work. Teachers work with their students to choose repertoire and even help compose original pieces! Until further notice, our recitals will be virtual to keep everyone safe and healthy.
As part of developing a strong community of music-makers, we ask for your permission to display occasional photos and/or videos of you or your child’s musical successes on the Studio Facebook Page, Instagram, and marketing materials. Examples include performing a piece, or showing off a recent accomplishment. Students are identified only by first name. You can opt out at any time by notifying us by email.
We appreciate you spreading the word about Soulfege Music Studio! For each newly enrolled student that you have referred that completes one month of lessons, we will offer a $25 discount toward your next monthly payment.
We sincerely appreciate you and your families being a part of Soulfege Music Studio.