Thank you for choosing Soulfege Music Studio! To provide regular, quality lessons we have established following policies and procedures.
We operate on a flat monthly rate that reserves each student’s weekly time slot and studio membership. Tuition remains the same regardless of the number of lessons in the month and is due on the 1st of every month. Holidays and studio closures have been accounted for and are already factored into the tuition costs. For current tuition rates, please contact us.
- There is a $50 annual fee per student due each year on September 1st. This fee covers participation in two recitals and administrative costs.
- In accordance with inflation, tuition rates may increase every September.
- Payments are due on the first of every month via secure automatic bank draft or via debit/credit card. There is a standard processing fee of 2.9% + 30¢ for credit cards and there is no processing fee for automatic debit payments (ACH).
- If a payment processing problem is not resolved in 7 days of the due date, a $20 late fee will automatically be assessed.
- Payments are non-refundable.
Lessons are year-round and continue throughout the summer from June-August. Summer scheduling is flexible in order to accommodate vacation and travel schedules of students and teachers.
- Students may have up to 4 scheduled absences (skips) that can be spread out however chosen during the summer break (when schools are not in session), they do not have to be consecutive.
- To receive a tuition adjustment for summer skips, you must notify the studio of the dates you wish to skip by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Depending on when notification is provided, the tuition adjustment may take a few months for it to reflect on your invoice.
- For extended teacher absences a substitute teacher will be arranged.
- For any student that takes the entire summer off, there is a non-refundable hold fee equivalent to half of one month’s tuition to reserve their time slot.
- For in-person lessons, a parent or an adult must be present in the home for the entire duration of every lesson. The instructor will not continue a lesson if there is no adult in the home.
- For in-person lessons, teachers and all adults in the household must be fully vaccinated for the safety of all. Masks must be worn by all (adults and children) for the duration of the lesson. (This policy may be revised as the situation improves and the CDC guidance is updated).
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance to receive a make up lesson. Students may reschedule and receive a make-up credit a maximum of 4 times during the school year. Further cancellations beyond the four permitted will be considered forfeit (except in case of illness or emergency).
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will be rescheduled. A substitute teacher will be arranged if the regularly scheduled teacher is unable to schedule a make-up or in the event of an extended teacher absence. A tuition adjustment may be requested for any teacher absences that have not been made up by the end of the school year.
- In case of inclement weather, lessons can still be completed online or with a pre-recorded video if the teacher feels roads are unfit for travel.
- Scheduled make-up lessons will not be rescheduled for any reason.
- Teachers may offer to make up the time via one of the following:
- Online or pre-recorded lesson.
- Adding time to a regularly scheduled lesson
- Arrange a substitute in their absence
STUDIO CALENDAR & HOLIDAYS 2021-2022
The 12-month calendar year is split into two semesters and the summer:
Semester 1: September 1st 2021 – January 31st 2022 & Semester 2: February 1st 2022 – June 15th 2022
Summer: June 16th 2022 – August 31st 2022
*Student evaluations are sent out twice a year at the end of each semester
The following holidays are already accounted for in the yearly tuition so they do not need to be credited or made up. Apart from make-up lessons, no lessons will be scheduled on these dates:
- End of Summer Break/Labor Day (August 31st-September 6th 2021)
- Thanksgiving Break (November 23rd – November 28th, 2021)
- Winter Break (December 20th 2021 – January 2nd 2022)
- Spring Break (April 11th 2022 – April 17th 2022)
- Memorial Day Break (May 30th 2022)
- Fourth of July Break (June 28th – July 4th 2022)
- End of Summer Break/Labor Day (August 30th – September 5th 2022)
* You may request a makeup for any holiday(s) not listed above, that you wish to observe.
* Reminders will be sent out as we approach these studio closures throughout the year.
Soulfege Music Studio provides students with opportunities to perform in recitals twice a year. Recitals are a terrific way for students to stay motivated, build confidence, master performance anxiety and show off their hard work. Teachers work with their students to choose repertoire and even help compose original pieces!
As part of developing a strong community of music-makers, we ask for your permission to display occasional photos and/or videos of you or your child’s musical successes on the Studio Facebook Page, Instagram, and marketing materials. Examples include performing a piece, or showing off a recent accomplishment. Students are identified only by first name. You can opt out at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com
We appreciate you spreading the word about Soulfege Music Studio! For each newly enrolled student that you have referred that completes one month of lessons, we will offer a $25 discount toward your next monthly payment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the name of the family referred to ensure that you receive proper credit.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT & AGREEMENT
Your payment is acknowledged as an agreement and understanding of our studio policies.
If you intend to stop lessons for any reason, 30 days notice is required. This will give your teacher time to wrap up any assignments, discuss how your student(s) can continue to pursue their musical goals and inform prospective students there is an opening available. Without 30 days notice, you will be charged a cancellation penalty of one month’s lesson fees.