- We operate on a flat monthly rate that reserves each student’s weekly time slot and studio membership. Tuition remains the same regardless of the number of lessons in the month and is due on the 1st of every month. Holidays and studio breaks have been accounted for and are already factored into the tuition costs.
· Lessons are year-round and continue throughout the summer from June-August. Summer scheduling is flexible in order to accommodate vacation and travel schedules of students and teachers. Students may have up to 4 scheduled absences (skips) that can be spread out however chosen during the summer break (when schools are not in session), they do not have to be consecutive. Your billing will be credited accordingly for the 4 skips in the months they are used. You must notify the studio of the dates you wish to skip. Advanced notice for the skips is required, to be flexible the minimum notice we need is 48 hours. Should you decide to unenroll for the summer we cannot guarantee fall enrollment.
· There is a $50 annual registration fee per student due each year on September 1st. This fee covers participation in two recitals and administrative costs. (This fee has been reduced to $25 per student due to Covid-19 and the likelihood that our Winter Recital will be virtual, this fee may be reassessed if the situation changes for Spring 2021.)
· In accordance with inflation, tuition rates may increase every September.
(Due to the global pandemic, rates will not be raised this year).
Tuition Rates for 2020-2021 (Starting September 1st, 2020)
- 30 min lessons: $200/month
- 45 min lessons: $299/month
- 60 min lessons: $398/month
- For 90 min and above, there is a 5% discount off the hourly rate
- Payments are due on the first of every month via secure automatic bank draft or via debit/credit card. An email will be sent out with detailed instructions on how to set up auto payment.
· If a payment processing problem is not resolved in 7 days of the due date, a $20 late fee will automatically be assessed.
· Payments are non-refundable.
Missed Lessons & Make Ups
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance to receive a make up lesson. You may reschedule and receive a make-up credit a maximum of 4 times during the school year. Further cancellations beyond the four permitted will be considered forfeit (except in case of illness or emergency). Your teacher will do their best to reschedule a missed lesson at a mutually convenient time or by adding on time to the weekly lesson. Scheduled make-up lessons will not be rescheduled for any reason. If a make-up lesson cannot be scheduled, teachers may offer to make up the time via the alternate options listed below.
· In case of severe winter weather, lessons will be held or cancelled at the discretion of the teacher. If the teacher feels unsafe or roads are unfit for travel, the teacher reserves the right to cancel lessons. Any cancelled lessons due to inclement weather will be made up via the below alternative options only.
· Alternatives for Make Up lessons
Skype/FaceTime Lesson: This can be a great solution for mild illness, transportation and weather issues. Video lessons can take place during your regularly scheduled lesson time.
Pre-Recorded Lesson: Students may submit video recordings of their assigned repertoire before their scheduled lesson time. Videos may be sent to the instructor directly. The assigned lesson time will be used to provide written and/or video feedback as well as follow-up assignments.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will be rescheduled. When possible, a substitute teacher will be arranged if the regularly scheduled teacher is unable to schedule a make-up or in the event of an extended teacher absence. A tuition adjustment may be requested for any teacher absences that have not been made up by the end of the year.